Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dana Walsh {Katee Sackhoff} #2: “For the first 5eps I’m behind a desk, and I’m like really guys? Where are my guns?!”

Dana Walsh is The Head CTU analyst for CTU NY ,she is in charge of CTU veteran Chloe O'Brian,Dana is engaged to CTU head of Field operations Cole Ortiz . Dana does not come in without a dark past .Dana has past ties to to russian terrorists. How this past will effect her engagement to Cole Ortiz and jeopardize her work in CTU to help find the assassins in NY city. We shall find out her full past in the new season of 24 .

CTU head of Ops Cole Ortiz and CTU analyst Dana Walsh engaged couple (Freddy Prinze JR and Katee Sackloff )

As one of the stars of the critically acclaimed television series, Battlestar Galactica, Katee Sackhoff has wowed fans and critics alike with her portrayal of Kara "Starbuck" Thrace; an aggressive, loud-mouthed, hot-shot fighter pilot who undertakes an arduous journey of self-discovery throughout the entire series.
For five years Sackhoff brought to life one of the show's most compelling and complex characters, gaining a legion of loyal fans along the way.
Now, with Galactica at an end and the journey of Starbuck complete, Katee has recently joined the cast of the hit Fox TV series, 24 as computer analyst, Dana Walsh.

Early on Katee's athleticism took the drivers seat as she became a proficient swimmer and maintained a long-term goal of going pro. It wasn't long until fate would intercede and Katee's swimming career was to be cut short after an accident that affected her knee.
Not one to sit still for long, Katee took her interest in acting and propelled herself from High School productions of Bye, Bye Birdie, Oliver and Fiddler on the Roof to being cast as a teenage mother in the Lifetime original movie, Fifteen and Pregnant with Kirsten Dunst. Upon graduating High School, Sackhoff left her hometown of Portland, OR for the bright lights of Hollywood where she landed various jobs early on in her career including roles in the Fox Family Channel series, The Fearing Mind and MTV's Undressed.

Katee's career blossomed when she became one of the main cast members of the CBS series, The Education of Max Bickford in which she played Nell, the daughter of the title character -- portrayed by award winning actor, Richard Dreyfuss. The series showcased Katee's dramatic talents as she played the estranged daughter of Dreyfuss, trying to deal with the loss of her mother. The series also showcased Katee's singing talents as her character, Nell, pursued a dream of music as lead singer of a rock band. After 'The Education of Max Bickford' Katee made guest appearances on various TV shows including the hit series ER as well as appearing in the horror movie franchise, Halloween: Resurrection.

Her career exploded when she took the lead role of Starbuck in the re-imagined sci-fi series, Battlestar Galactica. Derived from the original 1978 series of the same name, Battlestar was met with much criticism from fans of the original who did not take kindly to many of the changes -- particularly the fact that Sackhoff's character had originally been played by a man. Against all odds Katee successfully made the character her own and was quickly embraced by fans of both series. The show was a huge hit with critics, receiving praise from Time Magazine as "the best show on television".
The character of Starbuck became a role-model overnight with fans praising Sackhoff for her portrayal of such a strong, sexy and independent character.

During her time on BSG Sackhoff also appeared in both television and film projects including the re-imagined Bionic Woman series. Although cancelled during its first season, Sackhoff received numerous accolades for her role as the first Bionic-Woman-turned-bad, Sarah Corvus. Katee also appeared in the film White Noise 2: The Light alongside actor, Nathan Fillion (Firefly/Castle). Guest appearances on Law and Order and Nip/Tuck followed as well as voiceover work for the hit video game franchise, Halo 3, and appearances on the Cartoon Network series, Robot Chicken.

With a guest role, playing herself, on the CBS hit series, The Big Bang Theory, as well as her current role on Fox's 24, Katee continues to seek out new and challenging characters to portray while maintaining a career of success and longevity.

When she's not working Katee enjoys spending her time riding motorcycles, working out, watching movies and hanging out with family and friends.

Katee's family gives her much support including her sister, Mylisa, who lives in The Dalles, OR as well as her brother, Erick who is co-owner of Portland Speed Industries; one of the best vehicle modification shops on the West Coast, based near Portland, OR.
Described as "one of television's most complex, ever-evolving characters", the role of Starbuck changed over the run of the series. According to Sackhoff, Starbuck originally "didn't value her own life," inspiring her readiness to die for her shipmates. By the end of the series, however, she is prepared to sacrifice herself for others because of her respect for all life. The character's physical appearance is based on Sackhoff's perception of Starbuck as an extremely fit, hard-drinking individual. "I didn't want Starbuck to be completely ripped," said Sackhoff. "This is a girl who drinks most of her calories."

Kara Thrace bears some parallels to the original 1978 Starbuck character: both are portrayed as hot-headed and cocky fighter pilots, considered the best in the fleet, but with a tendency to challenge authorities and get into trouble. Both are avid gamblers and enjoy drinking, smoking cigars, and sex. Both have crashed and been marooned on a deserted planet, using a downed Cylon ship to make an escape. Both are best friends with Apollo. Kara had a relationship with Apollo's late brother Zak (mirroring the original Starbuck's on-and-off relationship with Apollo's sister Athena), affecting her relationship to Apollo and Zak's father, William Adama.

However, the two characters differ both in their gender – complicating Kara Thrace's relationships with other characters, notably Apollo – as well as their outward appearance: whereas the original Starbuck, played by Dirk Benedict, was a slick, well-groomed ladies' man, Kara appears more rugged and grimy. USA Today described her as "the broken warrior, a young, idealistic soldier who has been fighting for all the right reasons, but has lost something along the way."

Further information about Starbuck

S U P P O R T E R S
1. Talkative One (Sarah)
2. Matt Logan (Matt)
Old 08-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanx tia for new thread
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Cheers Tia- I'm surprised that there is a 2nd one...
Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started this when she was hired for 24 ,at the time there was Battlestar Galactica. board

New News On Katee new Tv series

It’s official: Katee Sackhoff is returning to TV.
A&E has given a 10-episode, first season order to Longmire, an hour-long Western-themed drama starring Matrix actor Robert Taylor as the show’s titular charismatic, dry-witted Wyoming sheriff. Sackhoff will play Vic, one of his deputies.
The series, based on the Walt Longmire Mystery series of novels by Craig Johnson, also stars Cassidy Freeman (Smallville) as Longmire’s daughter, Lou Diamond Phillips (Numb3rs) as his best friend, and Bailey Chase (Saving Grace) as another deputy
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Cheers Tia- I'm surprised that there is a 2nd one...
I am as well.

Also you should check out this interview, from awhile back: Katee Sackhoff talks 24, reveals alternate Dana Walsh ending | 24 Spoilers

On the link you can press the play button and listen to it. Also the interviewer said that

Interview: They get to a point with your character where you think there going in this one direction and then of course she turns out to be the mole and it turned out to be silly. When you were doing it did you feel like 'what the hell is going on'
Sackhoff: I think the writers wrote themselves into a wall because they promised me I was going to have guns....

So at least it explains why she turned to darkness, Katee wanted to have guns...that's what she thought she was signing up for. I sure feel for Katee for how badly her character was written.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting, but as I said on the last thread, is there many other places to take Dana without re-treading old ground?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The most interesting part though is when Katee revealed that Dana Walsh almost survived. Because a 24 movie was planned, producers were trying to keep their options open for character returns in the film and were debating whether or not to have her character escape death.

“We actually had discussed on that day, even up to that point, whether or not she was going to jump off and get out of there somehow. Like grab the plastic and slide down or something. [But] It was kind of one of those things where she had gone so far that you can’t not kill her at this point.”
Old 08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup I heard that one...I guess Dana was just a disaster though. she character wasn't written correctly.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
Yup I heard that one...I guess Dana was just a disaster though. she character wasn't written correctly.
I dont think you or I would have coped had she survived- we'd be like 'OH NO- MORE JENNY SCOTT '
Old 08-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well not me, as a villain she was growing on me.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well not me, as a villain she was growing on me.
Oh. Just me then
Old 08-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is this a bashing thread for Dana Walsh?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

On no, I'm sure most of the viewers will agree with you.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
On no, I'm sure most of the viewers will agree with you.
As I'm sure they would also agree with me on the S6 vs S8 debate

She was a lot better than Cole, I'll give her that though (Weakest character ever!)
Old 08-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulker1980 (View Post)
Is this a bashing thread for Dana Walsh?
No this is not. As the Annie/Renee thread, on this thread we can discuss both Katee/Dana[Jenny].